Infographic via: Wordstream
Merlin Mann, founder of 43folders.com who have shared an amazing opinions based on the most innovative person Steve Jobs, founder of Apple, Inc.
No one wants to die, even people who want to go to Heaven don’t want to die to get there.
And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it.
And that is as it should be. Because death is very likely the single best invention of life.
It’s life’s change agent; it clears out the old to make way for the new.
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice, heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
- Merlin Mann – Scared Sh*tless (chimpwisdom.com)
- Things I Love Today (jensmilingheart.wordpress.com)
- You Just Agreed to Give Your First-Born to Steve Jobs (graphjam.memebase.com)
- iPhone 6 Might Come In The First Half Of 2012 (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- 9GiantSteps – GTD: 10 minute GTD crash course (9giantsteps.com)
- Steve Jobs Biography coming early 2012? (chatootsboots.wordpress.com)
- Steve Jobs is still kicking (tech.fortune.cnn.com)
- Official Steve Jobs Biography Coming In 2012 (crunchgear.com)
- Steve Jobs Biography, Called iSteve, to be Published in 2012 (readersread.com)
- 15 Awesome Things We Learned From The 1985 Steve Jobs Playboy Interview (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
Melanie Pinola who shared an articles how to avoid fear when you’re in public speaking. She delighted and enlighten few more “behavioral” concepts which makes sense to people.
As the article explains, everyone has a physical “Stop” and “Go” system — also known as “Behavioral Activation System (BAS)” and “Behavioral Inhibition System (BIS)”. These are subsystems in our brain that regulate our behavior and motivation. As you might expect, when the Stop system is activated, we’re more inhibited and likely to have avoidance behaviors, while an activated Go system would encourage feelings of excitement or hope, helping us to act.
To on the “Go” system or appreciating it might release your fear about public speaking.
Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking by Activating Your ‘Go’ System [Via lifehacker]
- Why You Fear Public Speaking, and What to Do About It (psychologytoday.com)
- Top 13 Public Speaking Mistakes (Self Development Blog) [Dr JOY Madden] (ecademy.com)
- Since We’re on the Subject of Public Speaking (sarabarton.wordpress.com)
- If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull. (gummibearface.wordpress.com)
- Speech! Speech! (psyliby.wordpress.com)
- You Are Perfect. Not really. (shareyourlovestory.wordpress.com)
- Fearless Public Speaking and Compelling PowerPoint (blogs.sitepoint.com)
- New Course: Conquer Your Fear, Improve Your Career (blogs.sitepoint.com)
- Gay sailor sways panel that ‘don’t ask’ is dead (thenewstribune.com)
- Public Speaking and Vulnerability: “What If I Say Something Stupid?” (shareyourlovestory.wordpress.com)
I’ve started my internship as SQA at Right Brian Solution in Feb 12, 2011. I’ve joined as full time employee from March 3, 2011. Over the 25 days, I’ve got a chance to worked with some talented guys and I’m really enjoying my learning process & sharing, adopting lots of new stuff in short time and excited about my works.
I’m over excited to work with Emran bhaiya. Bhaiya train us, inspire us — show us how to handle the complex stuff, discussing everything in way thus it makes sense to the entire team, even if you’re not technical person. Entire environment push me to learn new things and I’m loving what I’m doing & believe to learn more, more new stuff over the upcoming days. Lastly, feeling proud to be a part of Right Brain Solution Ltd ;
Naga inspired me so much and I wish you will be inspired too.
Naga Naresh Karutura has just passed out of IIT Madras in Computer Science and has joined Google in Bangalore. You may ask, what’s so special about this 21-year-old when there are hundreds of students passing from various IITs and joining big companies like Google?
Naresh is special. His parents are illiterate. He has no legs and moves around in his powered wheel chair.
Thanks for the great share, which holds lots of meaning full messages.
When we are considering or thinking about to get fund to grow the business, we should re-consider by asking 5 questions.
- How much is my business worth, today?
- What is the money really for?
- Can’t you fund your expansion yourself?
- What is your projected revenue for the next five years?
- Do I have a strong executive team to manage growth?
- BlackRock funds raise stake in St Joe Fla. land co. (reuters.com)
- Successful Stocks With Long-Term Upside (forbes.com)
- Hedge Funds Beat Global Markets in 2010 on Growth (businessweek.com)
- Hedge funds deposits climb in November (sfgate.com)
- FundWatch: Fund industry calls for money-market fund backstop (marketwatch.com)
I’m big fan of Tony, founder of Zappos. I would like to share something, interesting, inspiring and enjoy your time when you’re creating something creative, using your creative mind.
I thought about how easily we are all brainwashed by our society and culture to stop thinking and just assume by default that more money equals more success and more happiness, when ultimately happiness is really just about enjoying life.
In a recent blog post for the Huffington Post, author of Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose, and CEO of Zappos, Tony Hsieh discusses what the meaning of happiness is to him and the process on how he found it:
“I made a list of the happiest periods in my life, and I realized that none of them involved money. I realized that building stuff and being creative and inventive made me happy.”Have you ever really thought about what makes you happy? Is it a successful career? Your family? Giving back to the community? Track your “highs” and “lows” to determine your own personal core values by taking the “Mountains and Valleys Core Values” exercise.
Read the full Huffington Post article by Tony Hsieh, here.
Content credit goes to Official blog of Tony Hsieh
- Silicon Alley Insider: Amazon Is Paying Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh Only $36,000 (businessinsider.com)
- Brands Have More Fun in 2011 (personalbrandingblog.com)
- Four Lessons on Culture and Customer Service from Zappos Founder, Tony Hsieh (blogs.hbr.org)
- Reunion 2010: Warren Bennis and Tony Hsieh, “Leadership For the 21st Century” (fredzimny.wordpress.com)
- Tony Hsieh: Zappos Founder: Your Culture Is Your Brand (huffingtonpost.com)
- Tony Hsieh: Here’s Why I Quit My Corporate Job At Oracle With No Real Plan (businessinsider.com)
- Tony Hsieh: Here Is Why I Sold Zappos To Amazon (businessinsider.com)
- Zappos Only Hires People Who Are Weird And Lucky In Life (businessinsider.com)
- Hey, Entrepreneurs, Skip The MBA And Use The Money To Start Businesses (businessinsider.com)
Security issues, most concering issues and I always looks for stable things from WordPress but somehow I still don’t feel safe about WordPress. It happens frequently, if you missed, hacker hacked — you simply hacked too. Lets see, how without botnet, expert hacker — anyone can hack your wordpress site.
Someone asked me after the session if they needed to be aware of anything to help protect their blog from damage. Bear in mind what I am about to explain is probably illegal and this isn’t a guide, its a warning on how to avoid the problem.
So, is it possible to take down a wordpress site without knowing hacking or renting a botnet, paying a hacker etc etc
Say you have a wordpress site and haven’t prevented directory browsing in your plugins directory (add a line to your .htaccess that says ‘Options All -Indexes’ to prevent that).
The competition could look for plugin names in your source code then confirm it exists by browsing the plugins directory. If they then found a plugin that wasn’t too popular they could set up a way of trying to dupe you.
They could set up a one page site about that plugin with an announcement saying that they had taken ownership of the plugin and now supported it.
They could email you saying that they had taken over the plugin from its author and that you needed to upgrade your version due to a potential security issue and helpfully attach a zip file of the new upgraded plugin.
You might trust them and install that new version. The new version however isn’t that new, its the same as the old version but now they have inserted a few lines to add a hook in the header.
These lines insert the verification code for Google Webmaster Tools.
Now you have a competitor who has verified control of your domain on a fake google account.
They can remove files (removal request on the root?)
They could mess with the config of the www v non www
In short they could make your site disappear
So to avoid: -
Never accept a plugin from anywhere other than wordpress and vet the code
Watch the notifications in Webmaster Tools to spot anyone else getting verified for your domains.
Content credit goes to Paul Madden.
- Rest Soundly, 3.0.4 Hotfix Deployed (vaultpress.com)
- Use WordPress Login Plugins for Better Login Page Customization (forthelose.org)
- WordPress plugin, theme and site managers get ready (thekencook.com)
- Tutorial: How To Create a WordPress Plugin (crenk.com)
- Learn to make your First PHP WordPress Plugin in 10 Minutes (techie-buzz.com)
- WordPress Plugins Wishlist – Plugins I Would Like To See Created & Working (digitalvegetarian.com)
- Google Analytics Plugins WordPress Bloggers May Need (forthelose.org)
Negative things, actually killing machine of our inner productivity, it does kill all of our productivity as once but it won’t take that much time. Do you know, research said “In 90% times things gift us positive result though we assumed it negatively”.
- People@Work: In Negative Workplaces, Minuses Can Add Up (dailyfinance.com)
- Offbeat Tips for Being More Productive and Efficient at Work (sixrevisions.com)
- 10 Positive Resolutions for a truly Happy New Year (positiveprovocations.com)
- Why a Negative Review Can Be a Positive Experience (socialmediatoday.com)
- Conceding Defeat – The Internet is Stronger Than I Am (sebastianmarshall.com)
- How Unfair Pay Policies Negatively Affect an Organization (bizcovering.com)
- What Is Destructive Thinking? (everydayhealth.com)
- Confidence (jambujoseph.com)